- Singapore Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
- China Eastern
- Asiana Airlines
- Etihad Airways
Travelers flying to Vietnam out of England can leave from London, Manchester, or a few other international airports, while Scottish tourists can fly out of Edinburgh or Glasgow. Flights from Cardiff in Wales only go to the Hanoi airport, and there aren’t any nonstop options. Most tourists from the U.K. fly into Hanoi and out of Ho Chi Minh City, as it gives them a chance to explore both areas.
Britons may have to get a visa before visiting Vietnam, so make sure you get that squared away before booking a flight.
Do U.K. Citizens Need a Vietnam Visa?
According to the latest Vietnam Immigration Regulations, United Kingdom citizens holding an ordinary passport are on the Vietnam visa exemption list until June 30, 2019. That means the following:
- If a United Kingdom citizen’s length of stay in Vietnam is LESS THAN 15 days, they do not need a visa to travel.
- If a United Kingdom citizen’s length of stay in Vietnam is LONGER THAN 15 days, a Vietnam Visa is required.
In either case, the traveler’s passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of entry into Vietnam.
How to Get a Vietnam Visa from the U.K.
British tourists have two options for obtaining their visa, depending on their length of stay. If your trip is 30 days or less and you are traveling by air, you can get your Vietnam visa online. This is known as a Visa On Arrival. To obtain a Vietnam Visa On Arrival, travelers just need to complete the following simple steps:
- Submit an application form online via our secured network to receive an approval letter.
- Take your approval letter and passport on your trip and have an immigrations officer give you your stamp and entry visa upon arrival at one of Vietnam’s international airports.
The second option for securing your visa is to go through the Vietnam Embassy. Take your passport and the following information to your closest consulate to apply for a visa:
- Name: Your full name, exactly as it is on your passport
- Birthday: The date (DD/MM/YY)
- Arrival: The date you will arrive in Vietnam. You may enter the country later, but not earlier than your specified arrival date
- Passport number
- Nationality: As shown on the passport you are using to enter Vietnam
Once you have submitted your application, you will have to go back to the embassy to pick up your stamped visa after several days.
For further assistance, please email us: email@example.com or call our hotline: +84 12 32 320 320.